Sunday, June 3, 2012

Do you think you're better ev'ry day? No, I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave.

I was told a million times
Of all the troubles in my way
How I had to keep on trying
Little better ev'ry day
But if I crossed a million rivers
And I rode a million miles
Then I'd still be where I started



I've already blogged on my opinion about the pressure to be ambitious and "great" here, and Keep Yourself Alive fits nicely into this (though of course Queen and Freddie Mercury are a bad example).
Well they say your folks are telling you
To be a super star
But I tell you just be satisfied
To stay right where you are
The rest of the first Queen album is great, too. It's not what you'd expect from Queen if you only know their Greatest Hits, I guess. But there's many great songs like Liar, Doing All Right, The Night comes Down and the very metal Modern times Rock 'n' Roll.
To me it's a very "fantasy" kind of album (though not as much as Queen II) and of course there's a great deal of nostalgia and childhood happiness involved (as with most of the Queen albums).

No comments: